I have had enough of christmas food for this year. Three days with pork roast and roasted duck, is more than enough, but then again, I don't want to throw perfectly good food away. The last few days I have been craving a lighter dinner, and tonight we had this colorful salad with an orange-poppyseed dressing. This kind of foods makes me and my stomach happy. The sweet but tangy dressing pairs perfectly with the fresh fruit, the cheese, avocado and chicken. The poppyseeds and almonds gives the salad a great texture.
- 4-5 big handful mixed baby greens or baby spinach
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 handful sliced almonds, toasted
- fresh berries
- 2 small slices or 3 tablespoons crumbled cheese (blue cheese, feta or goat cheese)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 orange, the zest of 1 and the juice from 1½ orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
Put all the ingredients in a shaker, and shake the dressing until emulsified, refrigerate until serving.
Place the greens in a salad bowl and arrange the rest of the ingredients on top. Dress the salad with the dressing just before serving.