Salmon kebabs are light, delicious and a perfect dish for a summer night BBQ. The kebabs are very easy to make, especially if you have double skewers, otherwise I will recommend using two single skewers for each kebab, so the fish doesn’t turn on the skewers. I served the kebabs with boiled fingerling potatoes and a creme fraiche dip with fresh dill, salmon roe and lemon.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 lemon, sliced very thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 4 bamboo skewer soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 8 oz (226 g) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe or other roe
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the creme fraiche with pepper, lemon juice and dill, wait with the salt, because the roe is salty. Fold in the roe, and season with salt if needed. Set dip aside in refrigerator until ready for serving.
Prepare grill for medium heat.
Beginning and ending with salmon, spear salmon and folded lemon slices onto 4 double skewers. Drip with lemon juice and brush with oil. Season with salt, pepper and dill.
Grill, turning twice, until fish is opaque throughout, about 5-8 minutes.