I have to come clean. I love pasta - Big Time! And I do not discriminate, I love all pasta equally.
I love the taste, texture and how it is soaking up sauce. I do crave pasta.
When we have pasta for dinner, I have to plate it up in serving sizes, no family style pasta in my house.
We went to BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse as one of the first places when we just moved to the US. And I fell in love with their chardonnay shrimp pasta. And whenever we went back there this was my go-to meal. But at one point BJ's discontinued this yummy pasta dish, and I had to try to make my own version.
- 2-3 servings spaghetti, boiled al dente
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 12-16 shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) chardonnay (I used a Picchetti 2014)
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- a little handful chopped parsley
- 1 lime, the juice from
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) grated parmesan cheese
- a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, optional
Cook the spaghetti.
Cook the bacon. I cooked it almost crispy in the microwave oven, and then diced it. Set aside, letting it drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Melt butter and a splash of olive oil in a sauté pan, sauté the shallot until translucent. Add garlic and shrimp and sauté until the shrimp start to take color. Add wine, cream, rosemary, bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes till the shrimp is tender.
Add cooked spaghetti, diced tomatoes, parmesan, lime juice and parsley, and let it heat through for about a minute.
Serve immediately sprinkled with some parsley and red pepper flakes.