This salad is very easy and tasty. its was perfect with the falafels. Adding some greens and some tomatoes it was a great meal.
- 1 bunches finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup coarse bulgur, prepared
- ½ firm tomato, chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prepare the bulgur according to instructions on the package. Do not over soak the bulgur, you want bulgur to finish softening in the tabouli with the oil and lemon juice.
Chopped parsley and mint finely, and set aside.
In a large bowl mix bulgur, chopped tomato, chopped scallions with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the parsley, mint, olive oil and mix it all. Season the tabouli with salt, cayenne, more oil and lemon juice.