I love clean thai dishes with few ingredients and this it a hit in my book. The ginger is a lovely bright flavor and it pairs perfect with the oyster sauce and the chicken. It will be back on the menu in my house again soon. Nadia you are a star.
Recipe adapted from Foodfanatic Thai.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1-2 onions, depending on size, cut into small wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 g ginger, cut in thin sticks
- 100 ml (about ½ cup) oyster sauce
- 100 ml (about ½ cup) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar, or regular sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- oil for frying
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 chili, thinly sliced for topping
Wash and slice all the ingredients, so you have everything ready to go in the wok/pan.
Heat oil in a wok, add the garlic just to get fragrant a few seconds, then brown the chicken, while stirring. Add the onions and cook until almost translucent, it takes a few minutes. Add, mushrooms, ginger, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, fish sauce and stock. Cook for a few minutes until all the ingredients are tender and the chicken is just done. Finally add the scallions, and let then just warm before serving.
Serve the ginger chicken over rice or cauliflower rice, sprinkle with chili to add some heat.