Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Today will be filled with Mexican traditions here in California. The margaritas will flow, tequila will be poured. People will eat taco's, salsas and guacamole.
Let the Party begin.
- 10 medium strawberries, chopped
- 100 g blueberries, chopped
- 1 prickly pear or cactus fruit, chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- ¼ habanero pepper, minced
- ½ yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, I used a blackberry /ginger flavored
- ½ lime, the juice from
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Combine the filling in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing, and pour it over the filling. Let the fruit marinate in the dressing for about an hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Serve the salsa with tortilla chips.