The delicious green dressing is believed to originate back to 1923 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Where the executive chef Philip Roemer wanted to pay tribute to an actor and his play The Green Goddess.
This dressing is new to me, it must be my Danish hesitance that have made me miss out on this delicious dressing. But from now on I am going use it with my salads from time to time.
I know this dressing is old school, but the tanginess from the buttermilk and the taste of herbs really pairs well with a green salad.
- 180 ml (¾ cup) mayonnaise
- 180 ml (¾ cup) buttermilk
- 20 g (4 tablespoons) chopped fresh chives
- 15 g (¼ cup) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (about 5 g) fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 lemon, the juice from
- salt & pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend the dressing until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Serve the dressing with a pasta salad or a green salad.