This salad is summer. My mom made this fresh and crispy salad when the first radishes were big enough to harvest in our vegetable garden. Summer salad is made with a speciality cheese from the island of Funen, a smoked fresh cheese. Summer salad has a mild smoked flavor and is filled with fresh chrispy vegetables.
- 100-150 g rygeost Danish smoked cheese
- 100 g creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10-12 medium radishes, quartered and sliced thinly
- ½ english cucumber, quartered and sliced thinly
- a good handful finely chopped chives
Mix the dressing, seasoning it with salt, pepper and sugar. I like a mild dressing, with a distinctive smoke flavor. Add all the vegetables and serve the salad on a slice of Danish rye bread. Sprinkle with a little extra chives.