Satay sauce is so scrumptious, the peanut buttery sweet slightly curried sauce is perfect with chicken and spring rolls. Because I didn't grow on peanut butter, this sauce is the best thing you can make with peanut butter, for me it's properly the only thing.
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 150 g unsweetened peanut butter (I used an old fashioned style crunchy peanut butter only containing peanuts)
- ¼ tablespoon Thai fish sauce (or use salt to taste)
- ¼ cup (50 g) palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
Put everything into a medium heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a very gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let the sauce scorch. Take the pot off the heat, let the sauce cool down to room temperature, and serve the sauce with satay or spring rolls
This peanut sauce will keep in a container in the refrigerator for weeks. The refrigerated sauce will thicken up considerably, but just add some water, reheat it and it is ready to serve.