I love a crunchy slaw. Normally I use napa cabbage and a spicy asian-style dressing, like I used in the angry tacos. But adding the peanut butter to this warm slaw, gives the slaw a nice creaminess.
This slaw will be perfect for a weekend BBQ, or served with tacos with an asian twist.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated Serrano pepper
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanutbutter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ small red cabbage
- ¼ green cabbage
- ½ english cucumber, julienned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- some fresh coriander, chopped
- season with salt
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok. Sauté carrots while stirring for about a minute, add the cabbage and keep stirring, while cooking for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients and dressing, tossing well to coat.