This is the best salmon ever. I know I've stated this before about a similar salmon recipe, but from now on, THIS is the way to cook salmon, no more adding any wine to the dish while baking!!
Normally I would serve a hollandaise, avocado hollandaise or a cold creme fraiche dressing with fresh dill with baked salmon. But this sweet mustard sauce was really good and paired really well with the salmon and spinach.
- 2-3 portion-sized salmon, bones and skin removed
- ½ lemon, the juice from
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon olive oil, for greasing the baking dish
- 120 ml (½ cup) heavy whipping cream
- 120 ml (½ cup) Ravigotte sauce, or a sweet mustard sauce
- 40 g soft cream cheese, as a thickener
- salt & pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 400℉ (200℃).
Place the salmon in the greased baking dish, drizzle with lemon juice, and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
Bake the salmon for 12-18 minutes, until the salmon flakes easy with a fork.
Mix cream cheese with cream and ravigotte sauce in a sauce pan, while heating. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the salmon with boiled potatoes and a sautéed spinach and the mustard sauce.