I love a good margarita, but I have mostly been making frozen margaritas, and mostly made from frozen Minute Maid Limeade. I think It was time to try to make a more simple margarita from fresh ingredients. This is what I came up with. The grapefruit juice gives the margarita the bitterness I normally get from Triple sec. I like that these margaritas are on the weaker side, but feel free to add more tequila if you like a stronger drink. This pink margarita was perfect on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Makes 2 drinks.
- 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) lime juice
- 4 fl. oz. (120 ml) grapefruit juice
- 2 fl. oz. (60 ml) clear tequila, (I used Patrón Silver)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- ice for shaking and in the glass
- a little lime juice and baker's sugar for the rim
Add tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, syrup and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a sugar rimmed glass.
Please drink responsibly.